Friday, September 18, 2009

Social Responsibility

At the beginning of chapter 4, we discussed social responsibility. In what ways have you seen businesses in the town of Atlantic demonstrating socialresponsibility? If you owned a business, what could you do to show that your business is socially responsible? Share, give examples.

9 comments:

  1. In Atlantic many businesses donate things to the school or people if they need them for a project. I know we donate tuxs from Howards all the time for school events and Homecoming activities. Different businesses also will donate food or other things needed. If i owned a business I would donate and let people use things for auctions or for school events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Business's around town show social responsibility by helping out with little league and basically all the schools.

    I would show social resposibility by sponsering a couple little leauge teams and helping the high school with activities it might not be able to have

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Atlantic I have seen many businesses demonstrating social responsibility. For example many businesses donate items to school and other functions. I have also seen how businesses sponsor a sports team. The companies name is on the back of the uniforms usually. If I owned a business I would donate items to school functions if they were running short on money, and I would also help out any of the sports teams who needed extra money to play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In atlantic, I have seen social responsibility in Walmart and many other franchise stores through supporting a lot of high school sports and activities. If I owned a business, i could show social resposibility by supporting some sports and other things I felt was good and in the best interest of the community.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Atlantic people donate items to the school or community or lend them out for instance, last year for prom hyvee's garden thing lent us some plants for our prop shop. I would do the same thing if i had a business. (lend things out/and donate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. businesses show social responsibility every where, i know McDonalds sponsers an atlantic little leauge soft ball team. if i owned a business i would cater food for events like weddings,funerals and school dances.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The business in atlantic, like AMU practice Social Responsibility by making sure all the power lines are up and everyone in the town of Atlantic have electricty.
    If I ran a feedlot I would make shure I obayed all laws and regulations, keep my pens clean, and be a known person in the community who gave back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I had a business I would show respectly, no false information anything like that. I donate and sell things from my 4-H group and we help people in need and just have fun etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The businesses in Atlantic show social responibility all the time, they promote local activities such as Atlantic Fest, Sports/schools. They donate things to schools, and to shelters. An example Faraway always has a box during holidays for people to put items in for community shelters. I would give discounts and specials to schools and people who need them and donate to people who have less.

    ReplyDelete